Advanced Meditation Techniques And Tools
Meditation is a great way to explore the actual reality. It helps to combine you with your inner soul. Moreover, it has numerous benefits for the mind and body. The experts said that only a few minutes of meditation practice regularly could change your way of seeing this world. There are different types of meditations found in various cultures. If you want to deepen your meditation, you need to perform some deep meditation practices. In this article, we provide advanced meditation techniques and tools.
However, there is a misconception that advanced meditation practices are challenging. They can be easy if you follow the right steps. Hence, you must read this article very attentively until the end.
Tonglen Meditation: Advanced Meditation Techniques And Tools
It is a Buddhist meditation practice meaning ‘giving and receiving.’ The steps for this technique are as follows.
- Sit or lie comfortably and then close your eyes.
- Start by taking a full deep breath to center yourself.
- Focus on your breath and inhale with visualizing the suffering or negative emotions. Imagine that spirit is sucking the negativity, darkness, and pain as a vacuum cleaner.
- Pause for a while and observe the darkness all around.
- Exhale with the feeling of love and compassion. Visualize the white light while exhaling, and you are spreading that into the near space. Continue this practice as long as you feel comfortable.
- You may think that why to think about negativity as it will pollute yourself. However, be aware that spirit is pure, and nothing can contaminate it. Even, it can transform the negativity into healing power.
The Microcosmic Orbit
This meditations practice will circulate the prana or Qi energy through the whole body. It will provide power to your organs and remove stress from your nervous system. Moreover, it promotes a feeling of good well-being from within. The concept of this practice includes “as above, so below.”
- The best way to perform this meditation is sitting. Sit comfortably with a straight spine and then close your eyes.
- There is a small ridge behind your top front teeth. Place the tip of the tongue in the area. Now, take a deep breath and concentrate on the region in the middle of your eyebrows. Visualize a golden light while focusing.
- Exhale gently and guide your consciousness down. Start with throat, heart, and then focus on solar plexus and navel.
- Again inhale and visualize the energy draw from bottom to top. Imagine drawing the energy from the tailbone in the spine. Then, back, move to top through solar plexus, heart, throat, and head. Now, again, take this energy to below following the same process.
- Perform this activity for 7 to 10 minutes.
- When you start to feel comfortable with the energy cycle, you can visualize other movements too. Imagine a water wheel resides in you that is drawing energy up and down. It will help you feel entirely fresh and full of energy. However, do not stand straight after completing the meditation. Rest comfortably for some moments before starting any other activity.