Many people struggle with medical conditions like chronic pain. Practicing healing meditation in such a case can help to feel better in spirit and body. Meditation has medical benefits for depression, stress, insomnia, and chronic pain. Healing meditation includes visualization techniques.
With meditation, it is also possible to reduce anxiety. This, in turn, can bring about positive changes in the body. Make sure that you are open up to the process. Be confident that it is going to help and make time for it.
Healing Meditation: How To Prepare?
Newbies might have some troubles to find adequate posture to meditate when they start meditating. Experimenting is a good way to learn. You should know that there isn’t a ‘right’ way for meditating. To prepare for it, you need a quiet room that won’t cause any disruptions and follow the given steps.
- Turn off any gadgets you have.
- Dim the lights
- Get a chair with a straight-back and sit on it with the head forward. Bent your knee at a right angle and the hand on the thighs. If you want and if you are flexible, you can sit in a lotus position. In case sitting doesn’t seem comfortable, you can lie down on the floor.
- Chant a mantra such as ‘Om Mani Padme Hum’ or use words such as ‘Om’.
- While doing so, stare at one point or just close your eyes.
If you are a newbie, you should start things simple. Calming your mind for a significant amount of time is more difficult than you know. Do it 10-20 minutes in a day in the beginning. You simply need a quiet space where you will not find any distractions.
Healing Meditation Techniques for Newbies
Relaxation and breathing meditation are suited for beginners and for people who have started to meditate recently. While you practice meditation, you can breathe in from the abdomen and concentrate on breathing, inhale from the nose and exhale from the mouth.
When we feel the mind calm down, we begin to feel the body heal too.
How Meditation Has The Power To Heal?
Given below is how meditation has the power to heal.
- Prana or life energy is the building block the well-being and health of the mind and body. Meditate to gain prana. It will make you feel full of life and energetic.
- The root of the illness is in your mind. Thus, when you attend to the mind, it will clear up a disturbance and speed up recuperation. Worrying about illness gives it more power. You should know you are a combination of illness and health. As you develop this positive aspect, illness disappears.
- Chakras are the points of energy in the body. There are 7 of them and each has its own effect and importance in terms of emotional well-being. Chakra Healing meditation will help in optimizing the functionality of the chakras.
Meditation needs to be followed up with good sleep, healthy diet, and regular exercise. Spend some time amidst nature and your loved ones to improve the results.